!!Free!! train 3 times a week to build muscle and shred fat!!
% refers to your 1 rep max, so 70% would be 70% of your 1 rep max.
Barbell complex: A barbell complex is a type of strength circuit where you complete 2, or more exercises with a barbell back to back with no rest without the bar touching the ground.
UPPER BODY WORKOUT
1. Bench Press: 70% x 8, 75% x 6, 80% x max reps
2. Flat DB Press: 2 x Max Reps using the same weight (Choose a weight that you can get around 20-25 reps with on the 1st set.)
3a. Seated underhand Grip Cable Rows: 4x15
3b. Cable Triceps Pushdowns : 4x15
4a. DB Shrugs (2 Sec Hold at top): 3x15
4b. DB Lateral side Raises: 3x15
5. Barbell Complex (deadlifts, bent rows, hang cleans, push press, back squat): 2 sets. Perform 10 reps of each exercise. Rest 90 sec between sets choose weight based on your weakest lift.
LOWER BODY WORKOUT
1. DB Squat Jumps, 4x6
2. Squat or Deadlift (change weekly): 72.5% x 8, 77.5% x 6, 82.5% x 4
3a. walking lunges 4x40m (our green track is 20m)
3b. russian twists (feet off ground): 3x20 ea side
4. Timed one-mile run: You can do this on a treadmill or outside on a track, etc. If you are unable to run due to injuries, you can substitute this with 2 miles on the exercise bike or rower/ski erg. Whatever you choose, make sure you try and complete the distance in the least amount of time. Record your time! try to beat it each week
UPPER BODY WORKOUT
1. Chin-ups 3x max reps
2a. Front Lat Pulldowns (Wide, overhand): 2 x Max Reps (choose a weight you can get 20-25 Reps 1st Set stick with that weight for 2nd set)
2b. Standing DB Military Press: 2 x Max Reps (15-20 Reps 1st Set, 10-15 2nd Set)
3a. floor deadstop DB triceps extensions – 4x8
3b. Hammer Curls (both arms same time) – 4x8
4. Core Circuit: x2 A) ab wheel 10 B) crunches 15 C) heel touches 20 (10 each side)
5. 100 push-ups as fast as possible: (Record the time and try to beat next week)